A Brief History of Susanville Ranch Park
1885: James Bagwell files a homestead claim on property to the north of the Long Property.
1893: The Long Family purchases Bagwell’s property, expanding their ranch by 160 acres.
1919: Fruit Growers Supply Co. opens large sawmill and box factory in Susanville.
1926: Fruit Growers Supply Co. purchases the Long Family property and establishes a dairy, leased to the O'Kelly Family who operated the dairy under the name of Lassen Dairy until the 1930s.
1935: Red River Lumber Company of Westwood completes the Paiute Creek Shortline Railroad line, which provided a connection from Susanville to Westwood Junction along Paiute Creek. The rail line is only used for two years due to winter storm damage. The rail line is converted to a road bed for logging trucks soon after, and becomes the Paul Bunyan Logging Road.
1935: The property is purchased by Republic Electric Power Co., which later becomes CP National.
1984: CP National donates the property to the County of Lassen, which leads to the creation of Susanville Ranch Park.